Friday, April 11, 2008

Dreaming

www.sierracartwright.com

"Follow your bliss and doors will open where there were no doors before." -- Joseph Campbell

Follow your bliss...

Easier said than done!

So many of us are caught up in the daily grind, get up, peel back our eyelids, brew a cup of coffee or tea or crack open a can of soda (who cares, as long as it has caffeine) go to work, or drag the kids out of bed and get them ready for the day. Then, with our responsibilities to our relationships, our jobs, friends, homes...

We're so tired, how would we even know what our bliss is, let alone to follow it? But you know what, it's there, somewhere, niggling. It's those random thoughts that dart through when you're busy doing other things. Maybe it's a book you see advertised, and you think, "One day, when I have more time, I'll read it." One day, I'll take a long vacation. One day, I'll go back to school, get a puppy, do that volunteer work I've been thinking about.

One day...

Maybe, if you're like me, you get ideas at the most interesting times. When I'm in the bathtub, when I'm driving, drifting off to sleep, or going for a walk. But all those times have something in common...they come to me when I'm either alone or being quiet. It's in those moments that I get that whisper of what my bliss might be. But it's what I do with those moments that matter. Do I ignore them until they go away? (Yeah, more times than I care to admit! LOL)

Or do I do something with that urge? Do I follow it? Do I book a trip somewhere fabulous? Do I do a little research into a new job I might like to have? Do I scribble down a few words for my new book?

In the quiet, and, thank God, sometimes in the chaos, ideas, thoughts, inspiration come to us. What we do with them is up to us. What were you thinking about as you read this? What came to your mind? And now, what are you going to do with it?

Here's to you, and here's the the urging of inspiration!

No comments: